To go along with my "Aliens" environment i decided to start modeling the xenomorph queen. Ive started modeling a low polygon version of the head. (The image was rendered using nurms) The shape of the head is actually very complicated. Even IF i use the texture pages to simulate some of the creases and stretched skin, the model is complicated. Also, the model just doesn't look correct at the moment because i havent gotten to model the teeth yet. The Teeth seem to be very integral. After I finish off the head and maybe part of the neck i want to take what i have through the rest of the pipeline to make sure my texturing methods will give me the results i want. I'm going to try to keep it low poly and utilize Xnormals, Zbrush, and hand painting to make the diffuse map
I was having trouble getting them into game because they had to many frames. Im sure I can work around this and make the game not lag but I just couldnt get it working in time for this week.
My next environment I'm working on will be a little challenging for me. I don't have a lot of practice on natural objects. So far Ive got a good base of unwrapped object that i think can be duplicated to make a majority of the scene.
Ive also started playing around with the lighting
However almost all of my textures are just place holders at the moment. They are all to harsh at the moment and don't have that soft quality that the reference image has. I hope to remedy this soon.
Also I actually vertex painted moss on the rocks but you cant see it at all. I think i might get the right effect if i change the moss material to be slightly emissive.
Well, i cant get construct 2 installed at school today so i wont post any video of the game but i have finished:
The next things i need to work on are:
I hate how nova turned out, head to big and shes not tempting enough, her avatar will be changed. Next I want to finally get the consoles in.
Im starting to phase out the reference image and starting to do the animations. Now they cheer when they get troop moral or health. All the healthbars are active now as well. The basics of the battle system and attacks all work. Its hard to tell they are working sometimes since i dont have the art to illustrate things happening in variables. There is still a ton of art and animation to do.
In order to expand some of the cramped features i made a descending view screen for any dialogue. I decided to leave the menus as individual elements because there was so little info on them, it didnt look visually pleasing to have two buttons floating around the huge screen.
I also got the programming working so that the game takes turns between the enemy and the player.
At this point i THINK all the programming is done at least in the basic form. So unless i find something broken or come up with something to add, it should be just adding lots of content: animations, background, character images for dialogue, and sounds.