my group liked the crystals i made for them so i made some more that were easier to place or to utilize as very large singular assets.  I also finished off the textures for the slug and made emissive masks for both him and Snotty

Finally i redid the parallax i made before to have specular masks and normals so that the parallax can match the new rock textures we have.

 
 
I have been tweaking lots of things in Starsnott lately, so i haven't really been posting NEW things, more just slight modifications to make things fit together better

I used the same model and rig we had for Snotty (yes as we have no official name i have elected to refer to him as Snotty) and edited his textures.  As we made new characters like the frog people were wanting everything to be more and more cute.  SO, i edited his eye to be super big.  I edited the mesh a little to make this work too, but i don't think it will break the rig we already have.

Our level designers also asked for just more assets of things you might find in caves that we could use for either decoration or as intractable objects, so i made them a few crystal clusters.  I completely unwrapped them but I'm thinking a procedural transparent texture will do better then a diffuse.
 
 
Last week we spend most of the day getting up to date with our programmers, telling them of the changes we wanted and some of the glitches that still need to be fixed.

I also modeled out better roots that will allow us to make the glowing mushrooms look more like they cohesively fit into the scene by entwining it with the surrounding rocks

using the same style i also made branching roots that we can use for the "doors"
They will descend down from the roof to block the player's progress.  The ones we had before looked out of place but with the new roots that will crawl out from the mushrooms should tie the mechanic together.

we are still having discrepancies with the lighting colors, so we are going to continue to make more color sheets.
I also made a new model for our frog enemy

The frog is going to block the player from accurately firing their snot. The new model is ready for rigging and animation but only a temporary texture has been made

We are still discussing whether to use animated textures or polygons to make the frog blink.  Appending new polys will probably end up being the final solution

The final Frog texture will probably glow as well and emit just like the mushrooms (not sure how good emissive white eyes are going to look, but we will see)

 
 
First day back, the team discussed changes to the lighting and gameplay
  • levels need to be redesigned - in multiple segment or "worlds"  with art matching each
  • lighting from the mushrooms need to modify the color of the scene around it
  • lighting needs to have a cap instead of blow out the scene
This week i have modified the smoothing groups on all our rocks and started playing with a more painterly texture for them. 
Picture
Experiments we did in class looked quite attractive and in style for the game, but we will have to tweek textures more to get the same effect as our tests actually in game on our assets.  We need to make sure the saturation of color is maintained for each emissive asset so that we can keep the color play as seen in the picture to theleft